Published December 26, 2018
Another exciting year for renewables and offshore wind! Offshore wind has stepped up a gear with lower costs than ever seen before, total installed capacity exceeding 20GW and turbine capacity reaching the 10MW threshold in 2018.
Aeolus has stepped up a gear as well from a European to an international player, providing high quality services to customers in Canada, Portugal, the Netherlands, Greece, Singapore and the UK.
2018 has been a busy and diverse year for Aeolus. Some highlights:
· Providing market analysis and the first pre-feasibility study for offshore wind in Greece for the Greek Energy Regulator (RAE)
· Providing cost insights to the Government of Canada through Natural Resources Canada’s CanmetENERGY research centre for RETScreen.
· Providing market analysis and feasibility studies for offshore wind in Vietnam, Taiwan and Japan for a major investor.
· Providing due diligence services and wind turbine inspections for more than 200MW onshore wind assets in Greece for a major investor.
· Managing and delivering ISO 55001 asset management certification for 600MW Gemini operational wind farm in the Netherlands. Gemini is the first single purpose offshore wind farm project to achieve this accreditation.
· Managing the risk and interface package for a 450MW Scottish wind farm under development, one of the deepest in the world for fixed foundations.
· Presenting offshore wind lessons learnt in China as part of a UK trade mission organised by RTC North and the latest offshore wind developments at the European Forum on Clean Energy for Islands in the beautiful island of Naxos, Greece.
· Engaging with engineering master’s students in London and Lisbon in offshore wind workshops.
May 2019 bring more renewable energy targets, lower costs and better projects!